A CALL TO ACTION
for Hays Property Owners
What’s the truth about the Electro Purification wells issue?
True: 5.3 million gallons a day of our Trinity Aquifer water is to be taken and sold elsewhere – doubling what is currently being withdrawn.
True: That huge amount of water would put many Western Hays County wells, streams and springs in danger.
True: Houston-based Electro Purification’s exploitation of a regulatory loophole to grab Western Hays water is legal.
NOT TRUE: There’s nothing we can do.
Electro Purification is working hard to give the impression that its 20-well water grab will not harm anyone and is a done deal.
But right now a lot of your neighbors, and many of our local politicians, are working just as hard to find a solution that will protect our water.
And they need our help.
CARD urges all citizens, property owners and business owners of Western Hays to speak up for their private property rights and speak out against a plan with a clear potential to harm all of us.
Electro Purification’s plan to pump 5.3 million gallons a day of Trinity Aquifer water is a serious and immediate threat not only to hundreds of local private wells, but also to future property values in our area. Already diminished local streams and springs could quickly decrease further or even go dry, which would damage the image and desirability of this area, and cause land values to fall. That would hurt almost every person and business of the area, even if they do not have a well. This is a private property rights issue, and our private property rights are the ones threatened.
What can you do?
- Attend these upcoming meetings – just by attending you show our representatives the massive concern for this issue – and let your concerns be known.
- Hays Trinity Groundwater Conservation District - Special Meeting, Wednesday, February 4 at 6:00 pm, Dripping Springs City Hall
- Hays County Commissioners Court Round Table Committee on Electro Purification Project, Thursday, February 5 at 5:30 pm, Hays County Government Center
- Representative Jason Isaac Town Hall Meeting on Electro Purification Water Mining in Hays County, Tuesday, February 10 at 6:30pm, Wimberley Community Center
- Go to Now is the Time to Take Action on this website to send emails to local politicians and key players to let them know you want them to find a solution to the EP pumping.
- Encourage friends to send emails, and tell them please, be respectful. We’ve seen some very insulting emails sent to politicians who will have an influence on this issue. That won’t help save our water. Electro Purification is NOT INSULTING the politicians who make the decisions.
- Check this website (hayscard.org) and SaveOurWells (saveourwells.com) website to stay current with future meetings to attend, new articles, and other action steps you can take.
- CARD Steering Committee